Sixteen different Winterhawks registered a point as Portland scored its most goals in a game this season, beating the Regina Pats 9-4 at Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Portland is the first WHL team to reach 30 wins this season and they lead the Western Conference with 172 goals scored.
Robbie Fromm-Delorme scored the Hawks quickest goal of the season 36 seconds into the game and Portland exploded for five first period goals to leap out to a 5-0 lead after 16:45 of play. Portland and Regina went blow-for-blow the rest of the night as the Winterhawks cruised to a decisive win on home ice.
The win continues the Hawks Canadian Hockey League leading 16-game point streak and they have now won the last seven games against Regina.
- Eight different Winterhawks scored in tonight’s win.
- Cross Hanas (2G-2A) and Gabe Klassen (G-2A) set new career highs for points in a game.
- Johnny Ludvig notched his second career three point night with a goal and two assists. Simon Knak set a new season-high with three assists and he tied his career best with three points.
- Reece Newkirk upped his point streak to 17 games in-a-row with a power play goal in the second period.
- The Winterhawks have scored a power play goal in four straight games.
- The Hawks are now 5-0-0-0 against East Division opponents this season.
Box Score (Click the hyperlink to find all the scoring details)
SHOTS ON GOAL:
POR: Joel Hofer stopped 29-of-33 shots.
REG: Donovan Buskey stopped 29-of-38 shots.