The Portland Winterhawks are in the process of finalizing the venue schedule and promotions calendar for the 2016-17 season. Details about each promotional night are coming soon!
2016-17 Promotional Nights:
- Friday, September 30: Hawktoberfest Beer Tasting presented by Belmont Station
- Saturday, October 29: Compass Oncology Pink the Rink: The Winterhawks are teaming up with Compass Oncology for the Pink the Rink Night in support of breast cancer awareness and research. The night will feature pink ice, as well as organizations like Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and more on the concourse at the game as we raise awareness and funds for the fight against breast cancer.
- Sunday, November 6: Book Drive / Fred Meyer Turkey Shoot: The Hawks will host their Book Drive game against the Tri-City Americans on November 6. Fans can bring new or gently used children’s books (for ages 2+) to donate to The Children’s Book Bank in support of their annual Children’s Book Harvest drive with Portland Public Schools. After the game, ladies 18+ can take part in the Fred Meyer Turkey Shoot – make a shot into a Winterhawks net on the ice, and win a coupon for a free turkey just in time for Thanksgiving!
- Saturday, November 12: The Boeing Company Military Salute: The Hawks are proud to host The Boeing Company Military Salute in a night that honors veterans, active service members and their families. Thanks to The Boeing Company, hundreds of retired and active military members and their families will be able to attend the Military Salute for free.
- Saturday, November 19: Compass Oncology Hockey Fights Cancer: The Hawks and Compass Oncology are teaming up for a second promotional night this year: Hockey Fights Cancer Night as the Hawks host Seattle in the Coliseum. The night will feature organizations that promote men’s health initiatives along with cancer awareness, with all benefits from the night’s fundraising going to American Cancer Society.
- Wednesday, November 23: The Boeing Company Airplane Toss: After the game, fans put their paper airplane skills to the test in The Boeing Company Airplane Toss. Fans will aim paper airplanes at targets on the ice to win a variety of great prizes.
- Friday, November 25: Burgerville Daylight Classic: The curtains in Veterans Memorial Coliseum will be lowered to allow natural daylight to pour into the arena bowl as the Hawks host the Victoria Royals in the annual Daylight Classic Game.
- Saturday, December 3: Les Schwab Toy Drive / Fred Meyer Ham Shoot: Fans can donate new, unwrapped toys to the Fox 12 Les Schwab Tire Center Toy Drive; these toys will then be donated to organizations that support children in need during the holiday season. After the game, ladies 18+ can take part in the Fred Meyer Ham Shoot – make a shot into a Winterhawks net on the ice, and win a coupon for a free ham just in time for the holidays!
- Friday, December 9: Belmont Station Beer Tasting
- Saturday, December 10: Les Schwab Teddy Bear Toss: In the annual Les Schwab Teddy Bear Toss, fans bring new stuffed animals to throw on the ice when the Winterhawks score their first goal. The bears are then donated to local organizations and charities to spread joy in time for the holidays.
- Saturday, December 31: Toyota New Year’s Eve: The Hawks take on their rival Seattle Thunderbirds in the annual New Year’s Eve game with a special start time of 7:30 p.m. After the game, fans will have a chance to skate with the Winterhawks players as we count down to midnight on the Moda Center ice.
- Friday, January 13: Belmont Station Beer Tasting
- Saturday, February 4: Banner Bank Mascot Night: Winterhawks mascot Tom-a-Hawk invites his mascot friends to join in the fun of the team’s annual Mascot Night. The festivities include a mascot game played on the ice during one of the intermissions.
- Friday, February 10: Ladies Night: The Hawks will host their annual Ladies Night as they take on the Spokane Chiefs in the Moda Center with prize giveaways tailed towards women in this night that’s just for the ladies.
- Friday, February 17: Widmer Brothers Brewing Guys Night: The Winterhawks are teaming up with sponsors to bring fans Winterhawks Guys Night when the team hosts Red Deer with great prizes for the men in attendance – stay tuned for details!
- Friday, March 3: Dash for Cash: The annual Dash for Cash promotion pits contestants against one another to see who can scoop up the most coins when $10,000 silver dollars are spread across the ice during an intermission. Contestants then get to keep all of the funds they gather in the timed competition on the ice.
- Saturday, March 4: Belmont Station Beer Tasting
- Wednesday, March 8: Hometown Heroes: The Winterhawks will host the Hometown Heroes night in honor of our hometown heroes – police, firefighters, and first responders – with a game of broomball played on the ice during an intermission.
- Sunday, March 12: Oregon College Savings Plan Jerseys off their Backs: Sunday March 12th is the Oregon College Savings Plan Jerseys Off Their Backs for Education presentation. After the game, fans can stay to watch the players give their game jerseys to select fans on the ice. Raffle tickets for this presentation are sold throughout the regular season; since its inception the promotion has raised more than $80,000 for the player education fund to assist Winterhawks players who pursue post-secondary education.
- Sunday, March 19: Season Finale & Player Awards: On March 19th the Hawks will host the Spokane Chiefs in the team’s regular season finale. The game will feature the annual team awards before the game, and fans will want to be in their seats early to see which player wins Team MVP, Rookie of the Year, and the other awards the team will present.