Portland Winterhawks (6) vs Prince Albert Raiders (1)
Portland, OR – Sunday, November 12th
Brad Ginnell scored twice and the Winterhawks buried four third period powerplay goals to take down the Prince Albert Raiders on Sunday night at the Moda Center.
The Raiders (8-7-3-0) got on the board quickly in the first period with a goal from Jordy Stallard and would hold a 1-0 lead into the second. The Winterhawks (14-4-0-0) would tie things up on a goal from Henri Jokiharju, his sixth of the season. Later in the period, Brad Ginnell potted the second Hawks goal of the night to give Portland a 2-1 lead after 40.
In the third, the Hawks dominated on the man-advantage. First, Cody Glass converted on a 5-on-3 powerplay to give the Hawks a 3-1 lead. Then, Skyler McKenzie buried one to pick up his 15th on the season and give the Hawks a 4-1 advantage. Portland would then add two more 5-on-3 goals from Glass and Ginnell to go up 6-1. In total, Portland would go 5 for 12 on the man-advantage with four third period 5-on-3 goals.
Goaltender Cole Kehler made 28 saves for his 12th win of the season. The Hawks improve to 14-4-0-0 and sit atop the U.S. Division.
The Hawks are at home this Saturday, November 18th at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum against the Regina Pats. Join us for Hawks Fight Cancer Night! Tickets for the season are on sale here, and single game and group tickets now on sale.
- 1st @ 3:42 – PA – Jordy Stallard (14), Sergel Sapego, Cole Fonstad (PP)
- 2nd @ 5:32- POR – Henri Jokiharju (6), Joachim Blichfeld (PP)
- 2nd @ 14:32 – POR – Brad Ginnell (4), Lane Gilliss
- 3rd @ 9:44 – POR – Cody Glass (9), Henri Jokiharju, Joachim Blichfeld (PP)
- 3rd @ 10:01 – POR – Skyler McKenzie (15), Henri Jokiharju, Joachim Blichfeld (PP)
- 3rd @ 15:39 – POR – Cody Glass (10), Henri Jokiharju, Joachim Blichfeld (PP)
- 3rd @ 15:56 – POR – Brad Ginnell (5), Brendan DeJong, Clay Hanus (PP)
SHOTS ON GOAL: