Portland Winterhawks 5 vs Prince George 4 – Round 1, Game 4
Veterans Memorial Coliseum – Portland, OR – Thursday, March 30th
The Portland Winterhawks earned a huge 5-4 win over the Prince George Cougars in Game 4 of the first-round playoff series at Veterans Memorial Coliseum Thursday. With tonight’s win, the Winterhawks have evened the series at 2-2 and have forced a Game 6 in Portland on Monday.
Forward Matt Revel was the hero tonight as his third period goal evened the game at 4-4 as the Hawks mounted their comeback. Revel then deflected the puck in to give the Hawks the series-tying 5-4 lead. Caleb Jones finished with four assists, while Cody Glass added two helpers.
With the series tied, the Hawks now hit the road to Prince George ahead of Saturday’s Game 5 at CN Centre at 7 pm. Tickets to Game 6 in Portland on Monday, April 3rd are on sale now.
- 1st @ 8:12 – Aaron Boyd (Guhle, Lakusta) tips a shot past Cole Kehler to open the scoring for the Cougars. (PG 1 – POR 0)
- 1st @ 11:17 – Jesse Gabrielle (Bethune, Ruopp) puts Prince George up 2-0. (PG 2 – POR 0)
- 1st @ 17:01 – Evan Weinger (Hughes, Jones) cuts the deficit to 2-1. (PG 2 – POR 1)
- 1st @18:33 – (PP) Skyler McKenzie (Jones, Glass) fires a power play goal past Prince George goaltender Ty Edmonds to tie the game at 2-2. (PG 2 – POR 2)
- 2nd @ 8:20 – (PP) Captain Keegan Iverson (Jones, Glass) gives the Hawks a 3-2 advantage with a power play goal. (PG 2 – POR 3)
- 2nd @ 15:46 – (PP) Nikita Popugaev (Bondra) evens it at 3-3 with a power play goal. (PG 3 – POR 3)
- 2nd @ 17:24 – Radovan Bondra (McAuley) gives the Cougars a 4-3 lead. (PG 4 – POR 3)
- 3rd @ 8:54 – Matt Revel (Jokiharju, Jones) bangs in a rebound to tie it at 4-4. (PG 4 – POR 4)
- 3rd @ 15:34 – Revel (Dosanjh, Blichfeld) notches his second of the night to give the Hawks a 5-4 advantage and even the playoff series at 2-2. (PG 4 – POR 5)
Power Play Statistics:
- POR: 2/4
- PG: 1/3
Shots on Goal:
- POR: 32
- PG: 33
- POR: Cole Kehler made 29 saves on 33 Prince George shots.
- PG: Ty Edmonds made 27 saves on 32 Portland shots.