Portland Winterhawks 1 at Prince George 5 – Round 1, Game 2
CN Centre – Prince George, BC – Sunday, March 26th
The Portland Winterhawks fell 5-1 to the Prince George Cougars in Game 2 of the first-round playoff series at CN Centre Sunday. With Portland’s win on Friday night in Game 1, the series is now split 1-1 heading back to Portland for Games 3 and 4.
Forward Cody Glass registered the Hawks’ lone goal, adding an assist for captain Keegan Iverson. Both Glass and Iverson now have a goal and an assist in the two games so far against Prince George.
The Hawks will return to Portland for Game 3 which will be played on Wednesday at 7 pm in Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
- 1st @ 15:57 – Brad Morrison (Schoettler, O’Brien) opens the scoring for Prince George. (PG 1 – POR 0)
- 2nd @ 8:32 – Aaron Boyd (Wishnowski) gives the Cougars a 2-0 lead. (PG 2 – POR 0)
- 2nd @ 18:35 – Prince George’s Boyd (Curtis, Guhle) nets his second of the night for a 3-0 advantage. (PG 3 – POR 0)
- 3rd @ 0:22 – Shane Collins scores 22 seconds into the third period to extend Prince George’s lead to 4-0. (PG 4 – POR 0)
- 3rd @ 0:57 – (PP) Radovan Bondra (Gabrielle, Guhle) makes it 5-0 on the power play. Shane Farkas replaces Cole Kehler in the Portland net. (PG 5 – POR 0)
- 3rd @ 12:53 – (PP) Cody Glass (Iverson, Blichfeld) gets the Hawks on the board with a power play goal but it wasn’t enough as the Cougars skate away with the 5-1 win. (PG 5 – POR 1)
Power Play Statistics:
- POR: 1/4
- PG: 1/4
Shots on Goal:
- POR: 41
- PG: 36
- POR: Cole Kehler made 19 saves on 24 Prince George shots. Shane Farkas stopped all 12 shots he faced from the Cougars in relief.
- PG: Ty Edmonds made 40 saves on 41 Portland shots.