Hawks Bury Thunderbirds in Seattle
Portland Winterhawks (4) at Seattle Thunderbirds (1)
ShoWare Center– Kent, WA – Saturday, February 10th
Cole Kehler made 28 saves to lead Portland to a 4-1 win over the Seattle Thunderbirds on Saturday.
After scoreless opening frame, Cody Glass buried a Dennis Cholowski feed on a two-on-one to make it 1-0 Portland. Just over seven minutes later, Ryan Hughes set up Keoni Texeira on a gorgeous play and the Hawks captain wired home his eighth of the season. Hughes wasn’t done there. Just as a Hawks powerplay expired, it was Texeira this time teeing up Hughes who put a slapshot past Seattle goaltender Liam Hughes. The Hawks entered the second intermission with a 3-0 lead.
In the third, Seattle picked up their first of the game on a goal from Graeme Bryks to make it a two-goal game. But it was all Cole Kehler after that, making several saves to keep the lead at two. Skyler McKenzie would add an empty-net goal to make it a 4-1 final. Portland improves to 34-18-1-3 on the season.
- 2nd @ 0:07 – POR – Cody Glass (27), Dennis Cholowski (PP)
- 2nd @ 8:37 – POR – Keoni Texeira (8), Ryan Hughes, Joachim Blichfeld
- 2nd @ 13:11 – POR – Ryan Hughes (10), Keoni Texeira, Brendan DeJong
- 3rd @ 4:40 – SEA – Graeme Bryks (1), Noah Philip, Owen Williams
- 3rd @ 18:43 – POR – Skyler McKenzie (41), Henri Jokiharju
SHOTS ON GOAL:
POR: Cole Kehler with 28 saves
TC: Liam Hughes with 24 saves