Portland Winterhawks (4) at Seattle Thunderbirds (1)
ShoWare Center– Kent, WA – Saturday, February 10th
Cole Kehler made 28 saves to lead Portland to a 4-1 win over the Seattle Thunderbirds on Saturday.
After scoreless opening frame, Cody Glass buried a Dennis Cholowski feed on a two-on-one to make it 1-0 Portland. Just over seven minutes later, Ryan Hughes set up Keoni Texeira on a gorgeous play and the Hawks captain wired home his eighth of the season. Hughes wasn’t done there. Just as a Hawks powerplay expired, it was Texeira this time teeing up Hughes who put a slapshot past Seattle goaltender Liam Hughes. The Hawks entered the second intermission with a 3-0 lead.
In the third, Seattle picked up their first of the game on a goal from Graeme Bryks to make it a two-goal game. But it was all Cole Kehler after that, making several saves to keep the lead at two. Skyler McKenzie would add an empty-net goal to make it a 4-1 final. Portland improves to 34-18-1-3 on the season.
The Winterhawks return home Sunday night to play the Seattle Thunderbirds at the Moda Center for Jack in the Box Daylight Classic. Tickets on sale here, and single game and group tickets now on sale.
- 2nd @ 0:07 – POR – Cody Glass (27), Dennis Cholowski (PP)
- 2nd @ 8:37 – POR – Keoni Texeira (8), Ryan Hughes, Joachim Blichfeld
- 2nd @ 13:11 – POR – Ryan Hughes (10), Keoni Texeira, Brendan DeJong
- 3rd @ 4:40 – SEA – Graeme Bryks (1), Noah Philip, Owen Williams
- 3rd @ 18:43 – POR – Skyler McKenzie (41), Henri Jokiharju
SHOTS ON GOAL:
POR: Cole Kehler with 28 saves
TC: Liam Hughes with 24 saves