Glass’ Two Goals Lift Hawks to Fifth Consecutive Victory in Spokane
Portland Winterhawks 4 at Spokane Chiefs 2
Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena – Spokane, WA – Friday, March 10th
The Portland Winterhawks (37-26-1-3) earned a 4-2 victory over the Spokane Chiefs (26-31-7-3) Friday in a road contest played in Spokane for their fifth consecutive win.
Cody Glass led the way with two goals against the Chiefs, matching his two-goal outing Wednesday against Prince George. With these goals, Glass is now riding a three-game goal streak and a five-game point streak as he approaches the 100-point mark on the season.
Skyler McKenzie added a late empty net goal for a two-point night, while captain Keegan Iverson finished with two assists to extend his point streak to seven games with five consecutive multi-point outings in that span.
The Hawks continue their busy weekend at home with back-to-back games Saturday and Sunday as they battle for playoff positioning. Tomorrow night, the Hawks host the Seattle Thunderbirds at 6 p.m. at Veterans Memorial Coliseum in a game that will be broadcast live on Portland’s CW.
- 1st @ 4:38 – Cody Glass (McKenzie, Iverson) opens the scoring for Portland. (POR 1 – SPO 0)
- 2nd @ 4:44 – Spokane’s Kailer Yamamoto (Elynuik) evens the game at 1-1. (POR 1 – SPO 1)
- 3rd @ 11:34 – Caleb Jones (Overhardt, Blichfeld) gives Portland a 2-1 lead. (POR 2 – SPO 1)
- 3rd @ 14:04 – (PP) Glass (Iverson, Jokiharju) nets his second of the night with a power play marker to put the Hawks up 3-1. (POR 3 – SPO 1)
- 3rd @ 16:33 – (SH) Taylor Ross (Mowbray) cuts the Chiefs’ deficit to one with a shorthanded goal. (POR 3 – SPO 2)
- 3rd @ 19:30 – (EN) Skyler McKenzie ices the Hawks’ 4-2 win with an empty net goal. (POR 4 – SPO 2)
Power Play Statistics:
- POR: 1/6
- SPO: 0/2
Shots on Goal:
- POR: 48
- SPO: 25
- POR: Cole Kehler made 23 saves on 25 Spokane shots.
- SPO: Jayden Sittler made 44 saves on 47 Portland shots.