Portland Winterhawks 4 at Kamloops Blazers 0
Sandman Centre – Kamloops, BC – Monday, February 13th
The Portland Winterhawks (31-23-1-2) earned a 4-0 shutout victory over the Kamloops Blazers (34-19-2-4) Monday in an afternoon road contest played in Kamloops, BC.
Cole Kehler was outstanding in net today, earning his first career WHL shutout. Kehler, who stopped all 41 shots he faced from the Blazers in Portland’s 4-0 win, is currently tied for ninth in the league with a .909 save percentage. Winterhawks captain Keegan Iverson returned to action today, scoring in first game back from injury, extending his point streak to seven games dating back to December 17th.
Joachim Blichfeld has now found the back of the net in three consecutive games for the Winterhawks, with five goals in those three games. Blichfeld also added an assist for 50 points in 48 games so far this season currently with a six-game point streak. Henri Jokiharju and Cody Glass also finished with two assists apiece in the shutout victory.
The Hawks will return to action on home ice Friday where they will host the Red Deer Rebels at 7 pm in Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
- 1st @ 12:07 – Keoni Texeira (Glass, Jokiharju) opens the scoring for Portland. (POR 1 – KAM 0)
- 2nd @ 4:02 – (PP) Keegan Iverson (Blichfeld, Glass) beats Kamloops netminder Connor Ingram top shelf on the power play for a 2-0 lead. (POR 2 – KAM 0)
- 2nd @ 18:52 – Joachim Blichfeld (Hughes, Jokiharju) gets the puck past Ingram to extend the Portland lead to 3-0. (POR 3 – KAM 0)
- 3rd @ 19:47 – (EN) Evan Weinger ices Portland’s 4-0 victory with an empty net goal.
Power Play Statistics:
- POR: 1/1
- KAM: 0/2
Shots on Goal:
- POR: 38
- KAM: 41
- POR: Cole Kehler made a perfect 41 saves on 41 Kamloops shots.
- KAM: Connor Ingram made 34 saves on 37 Portland shots.