Portland Winterhawks 3 vs Vancouver Giants 0
Veterans Memorial Coliseum – Portland, OR – Saturday, March 4th
The Portland Winterhawks (35-26-1-3) earned a 3-0 win over the Vancouver Giants (19-41-3-3) Saturday at Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
Winterhawks goaltender Cole Kehler stopped all 12 shots he faced tonight from the Giants for his second career shutout, first blanking the Kamloops Blazers on February 13th. Keegan Iverson notched his third consecutive multi-point game tonight with two assists. Iverson has 59 points in 48 games this season, and has four goals and four assists for eight points in the past five games.
Forward Ryan Hughes followed up last night’s overtime winner with another goal tonight to ice the Hawks’ win, while Cody Glass’ goal also extended a point streak of his own with four points in the last three games, all against the Giants.
The Hawks continue the busy final month of the regular season on Wednesday when they host the Prince George Cougars at 7 pm in the Moda Center.
- 1st @ 10:03 – (PP) Cody Glass (Iverson, Jones) opens the scoring for Portland with a one-timer. (POR 1 – VAN 0)
- 2nd @ 18:33 – Joachim Blichfeld (McKenzie, De Jong) bangs in a rebound to put the Hawks up 2-0. (POR 2 – VAN 0)
- 3rd @ 4:15 – Ryan Hughes (Iverson, Jokiharju) rifles the puck past Vancouver netminder David Tendeck for a 3-0 lead. Cole Kehler kept the Giants off the board to seal his second career shutout. (POR 3 – VAN 0)
Power Play Statistics:
- POR: 1/8
- VAN: 0/4
Shots on Goal:
- POR: 39
- VAN: 12
- POR: Cole Kehler made a perfect 12 saves on 12 Vancouver shots.
- VAN: David Tendeck made 36 saves on 39 Portland shots.