Hawks Score Early, but Fall Short against the Silvertips
Portland Winterhawks (3) at Everett Silvertips (8)
Everett, WA – Sunday, December 17th
The Winterhawks took on the Silvertips in their final game before the Christmas break but came up short as Everett took home an 8-3 win.
The Hawks came out flying, much like the night before against Spokane, and quickly got on the board with a goal from Skyler McKenzie. Cody Glass and Ryan Hughes picked up the assists, for Hughes, it was his first point since returning from injury. But Everett came right back tying things at one midway through the period. After Everett took a 2-1 lead, McKenzie scored his second of the night to knot things at two after 20 minutes.
In the second, the Silvertips scored five unanswered to take a 7-2 lead into the third period.
In the final frame, Jake Gricius potted his fifth of the season to make it a four-goal game. The Silvertips would add one more to make it an 8-3 final.
- 1st @ 1:09 – POR – Skyler McKenzie (22), Ryan Hughes, Cody Glass
- 1st @ 9:53 – SPO – Bryce Kindopp (10), Montana Onyebuchi
- 1st @ 16:52 – SPO – Luke Ormsby (1), Akash Bains, Reece Vitelli
- 1st @ 17:26 – POR – Skyler McKenzie (23)
- 2nd @ 5:20 – SPO – Bryce Kindopp (11), Jake Christensen, Riley Sutter
- 2nd @ 8:40 – SPO – Martin Fasko-Rudas (1), Montana Onyebuchi
- 2nd @ 9:15 – SPO – Akash Bains (2), Reece Vitelli, Luke Ormsby
- 2nd @ 13:03 – SPO – Patrick Bajkov (20), Connor Dewar, Kyler Walker
- 2nd @ 16:52 – SPO – Riley Sutter (13), Wyatte Wylie
- 3rd @ 4:15 – POR – Jake Gricius (5), Ilijah Colina
- 3rd @ 5:10 – SPO – Brandon Heim (2), Martin Fasko- Rudas
SHOTS ON GOAL: