Winterhawks Drop First Game out of Break
Portland Winterhawks (3) vs Tri City Americans (6)
Veterans Memorial Coliseum – Portland, OR – Wednesday, December 27th
Portland came back from an early 2-0 deficit but could not hold off a late Americans charge as Tri-City came away with a 6-3 win on Wednesday at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
The Americans (19-10-3-0) got on the board twice midway through the first period but the Hawks (21-12-0-1) would respond with two on their own. Cody Glass potted his first of the night and 21st of the season at the 14:43 mark. Then Jake Gricius would tie the game shortly after to end the period in a 2-2 tie.
In the second, Glass would fire home his second of the night to give the Hawks a one goal lead. But Tri-City would respond, scoring to tie the game at three after 40.
Despite outshooting the Americans in the third, Tri-City would score three unanswered to take a 6-3 lead and hold on for the win.
The Winterhawks hit the road to play against the Tri-City Americans on Friday, December 29th and another road game against the Seattle Thunderbirds on Saturday, December 30th. The Hawks return home Sunday, December 31st against the Seattle Thunderbirds. Tickets for the season are on sale here, and single game and group tickets now on sale.
- 1st @ 8:00 – TC – Isaac Johnson (7), Mitchell Brown, Nolan Yaremko
- 1st @ 12:06 – TC – Kyle Olson (4), Morgan Geekie, Dyaln Coghlan (PP)
- 1st @ 14:43 – POR – Cody Glass (21), Conor MacEachern, Mason Mannek
- 1st @ 15:11 – POR – Jake Gricius (6), Matt Quigley, Ilijah Colina
- 2nd @ 6:15 – POR – Cody Glass (22), Keoni Texeira, Brendan DeJong (PP)
- 2nd @ 12:57 – TC – Isaac Johnson (8), Nolan Yaremko, Morgan Geekie
- 3rd @ 6:29 – TC – Morgan Geekie (14), Nolan Yaremko
- 3rd @ 7:17 – TC – Dylan Coghlan (11), Jordan Topping, Roman Kalinichenko
- 3rd @ 9:30 – TC – Nolan Yaremko (10), Mitchell Brown, Morgan Geekie
SHOTS ON GOAL: